Roland E. Thomas, Albert J. Rosa, and Gregory J. Toussaint
“The Analysis and Design of Linear Circuits”, Wiley, 7th Edition, 2012
(Prior versions of this book are also acceptable)
- AC analysis of linear circuits to include circuit theorems via classical and transform techniques.
- Emphasis is placed on the Laplace transform, including use of pole-zero and Bode diagrams to analyze and design circuits, including multiple filters (single pole cascade, Butterworth, Chebychev), and step response circuits.
- Phasor applications to sinusoidal steady state analysis and AC power.
- Computer analysis software is used as an aid to circuit analysis.
- Laboratory program practicing time and frequency domain analysis and design techniques on step response and filter problems.
- Applications to instrumentation and circuits.
- Digilent Analog Discovery (Oscilloscope + Function Generator)
- Variable Power Supply (AlloverPower 3V – 24V 1.5A 36W)
Software: WaveForms (free) from Digilent
- Video 0 – Introduction to the Analog Discovery 2
- Video 2a – Installing WaveForms on Windows
- Video 2b – Installing WaveForms on Linux
- Video 2c – Installing WaveForms on Mac
- Video 3 – Device Manager and Calibration
- Video 4 – Oscilloscope Tool
- Video 5 – Wave Form Generator
- Video 6 – Voltmeter Tool
- Video 7 – Network Analyzer
- Video 8 – Spectrum Analyzer
- Video 9 – Power Supply
- Video 10 – Data Logger
- Video 11 – Static I/O
- Video 12 – Logic Analyzer
- Video 13 – Pattern Generator
- Video 14 – Protocol Analyzer
- Video 15 – The Script Editor
Portable Equipment (PE) Videos:
- Real Analog: Circuits 1 is a comprehensive collection of free educational materials that seamlessly blend hands-on design projects with theoretical concepts and circuit analysis techniques. Developed for university “Circuits” classes by practicing engineers and experienced educators.
- Follow Chapter 6 to 12